Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cooking Authentic Mexican At Home

Hoy voy a estar tomando una salsa auténtica general se sirve en los restaurantes y la cocina en casa. El nombre de esta salsa es baraccha.



At my favorite Mexican Restaurant Papas and Beer my favorite salsa is called Barracha. I have always been interested by how different it is from other salsas. This salsa appeals to my taste for very spicy sauces, and it can be dipped with chips or on most any dish such as tacos.
One of my favorite things to do on the weekend is cook with my boyfriend and family. We are always trying to cook new foods. The other night we decided to do shrimp tacos. I decided to try making the barracha that I always eat at Papas and Beer. I searched google and found a good recipe for the salsa. Although, it is not the exact recipe that Papas and Beer serves it was turned out good anyway. The recipe that I found is below. I am not one to follow recipes so I took the liberty to add and change a few things. For some bitterness I also cooked a pablano pepper with the other ingredients. During the blending process I added fresh cilantro which adds a great taste. I also added the juice from a fresh squeezed lime which added a little acidity.
We cooked the shrimp on the grill with salt and pepper. Then we prepared homemade pico de galo. Prepare the corn tortillas by warming them up in a skillet. Put sour creme, Mexican cheese, shredded lettuce, and sliced avocados, barracha salsa, and pico de galo in separate bowls and set them out buffet style. Your friends and family will have a great time making there own tacos. 

This meal is delicious and healthy. Anyone could cook this meal at home. If you like beer I recommend eating this meal with Dos Equis. 


Salsa Borracha Recipe
Ingredients:
2 medium sized tomatoes
1/4 cup white onion (large pieces)
2 garlic cloves
2 Jalapeno peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon oregano powder
beer or tequila (very small amount)

Preparation:
Cut tomatoes in half, remove unwanted parts. Cut stems off peppers. Add a little olive oil to skillet and add tomatotes, onion, garlic, salt and pepper (to taste), and oregano. Toast everything on a high heat until tomotes, peppers, and onions are blackened. Remove everything from pan to a blender and blend until fairly smooth. Add to a serving bowl, then add a an ounce of beer or a splash of tequila to taste. 





No comments:

Post a Comment